Bigg Boss Season 6

Search This Blog

BIGG BOSS Season 6

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Iqbal Khan returned with Choona Hai Aasmaan.

He walked out of the K factory only to become telly world's heart-throb. Actor Iqbal Khan chats with Janaki Viswanathan

Four years ago, he featured in the ha-ha movie Fun2shh: Dudes in the 10th Century followed by Bullet: Ek Dhamaka and Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai. Then thunder and lightning.. he walked out of Balaji Telefilms. Seven months later, Iqbal Khan returned with Choona Hai Aasmaan.

Why did you quit Kaisa...?

I didn't quit, it ended. Karam Apna Apna was the only soap I quit and that's because I wanted time off to get married.

You didn't quit because of a problem with Ekta Kapoor?


I never had a problem with Ekta. I had a problem with the production house. You can't make people work 24x7 yaar! There are actors who just walk out of shoots, I couldn't do that. So I quit.

Apparently she used to call you to late night parties.

Wow, really? Ekta knows I'm not a party animal. I've attended just two parties thrown by her. She has this tradition of pouring out tequila shots for everyone. But she knows I don't drink and she never forced me to.

Recently, she lashed out against actors who've left her camp. Yeah.

It's claimed that I said, "Just you wait and see my comeback." When and where did I say that? I'm not the kinds who make such statements.


What if you are offered another K serial?


Right now, I'm happy with Choona Hai... the show hasn't been majorly promoted but it's doing well.

How did Choona... happen?

I was approached by
Star One in January but I was getting married then. They returned two months later. I liked the concept. I don't know why it's called ‘different'... just because it's set against the backdrop of the air force. Like most soaps, it's about the interplay of emotions.

Why nix lead roles in Maayka and Parrivar?


Vis-a-vis Maayka, I was tired of doing family dramas. As for Parrivar I'd already accepted , Choona Hai... by then.


It's said you avoided Maayka because the female lead was being played by Neha Bamb.


Come on! The truth is.. Neha and I didn't get along on the sets of Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai. Later, things got better.

She got married last week. Did you attend?

I heard about it. I didn't go. I didn't call either.


chats with Janaki Viswanathan

No comments:

FILMY KHABAAR