Bigg Boss Season 6

Search This Blog

BIGG BOSS Season 6

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm competent to judge dance show now: Ronit Roy

Popular TV actor Ronit Roy participated in dance show 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa' last year and has since then mastered the art. So much so that he is now judging a reality show, 'Aajaa Mahi Vay'.

'Over the past five years, I have been offered huge amounts of money to judge some reality show or the other. I strongly believe that one should not judge anybody until you yourself are a master. And when I was being offered those shows, I was not competent enough,' Ronit told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

He went on to explain that after his stint in 'Jhalak...', where he was voted out quite early, he continued to take dance lessons that have helped him in understanding the nuances of the art.

'The world of dance is too big. I haven't learnt it all but I feel now that I'm very much capable of judging fresh people. Besides, the show that I'm going to judge is 70 percent about dance and 30 percent other things,' the actor explained.

Star Plus' 'Aajaa Mahi Vay', starting Aug 1, is a show where 11 real life couples with a penchant for dance battle it out through witty answers to make their dream wedding come true.

Ronit will be co-judging the programme with colleagues Apara Mehta, who played his mother in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thhi' and Shweta Tiwari, who played his wife in 'Kasauti Zindagi Kay'.

He said he was happy with his new role as judge.

'It is exciting to be on the other side of the line. Being a judge is a more relaxed job than being a contestant but it needs sharpness of the mind so that we are able to pinpoint what exactly is wrong,' he said.

However, Ronit doesn't intend to be a strict critic on the show.

'My role as a judge will have a bit of an elder brother, a father and a friend's role. I will show strictness where and when it is necessary. I will check on the technicalities of their performance but I'm not very sure of how I will judge their emotions,' he said.

Considering that the actor's kitty is full with primetime shows including 'Kyunki...', 'Kahaani Hamaray Mahabharat Ki' and now 'Aaja Mahi Vay', he says he has to literally steal time out to be with his family.

'I have been doing three to four shows simultaneously for the past five-six years now. I do get busy. But I take out time by waking up early in the morning and spend time with family and settle some business matters. And whenever I can, I take a two-three day break, switch off my phone and relax.'

No comments:

FILMY KHABAAR