Bigg Boss Season 6

Search This Blog

BIGG BOSS Season 6

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mona says I can’t afford her: Karan

Karan Oberoi (TOI Photo) More pics

“There is a chalta hai attitude that’s crept in. Nobody is spending time and trying to be different,” says Karan.

You’ve started a production house...
I always believe in quality. In ten years I’ve done four serials — Swabhimaan, Saaya, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahi, Milan and more recently Antakshari — but they’ve all been good shows. In my head I’ve set a benchmark for myself. Last couple of years TV as a medium and our story telling has gone down. There is a chalta hai attitude that’s crept in. Nobody is spending time and trying to be different. Earlier we had some brilliant story-telling. As an actor, I can’t make a difference. But as a producer I can.

Are you ready with some shows?
I am ready with two shows right now. One, fiction. And the other is non-fiction. For the non-fiction, I’m using my experience from live shows. It’s basically a music-based show. We are trying a new genre.

Are the band of boys with you in this?
Not in this. But we are coming out with a new album. This one is going to shock the audiences. It’s going to make them sit up and listen because we are making a point here. We have also composed and written the track. We’ve been travelling like mad last two months. We’ve gone to America, Bangkok, Hongkong. Also performed in north and south India.

Coming back to serials, are you making a family drama?
Basically it’s a fresh new approach to story telling. I can’t reveal much right now.

Is girlfriend Mona Singh involved in your production house?
Mona’s not involved. She’s a bounce board on ideas.

How do you like her anchoring in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa ?
I think she’s doing a fantastic job. I was telling her you should host my musical show and she said I won’t be able to afford her! (laughs)

Mona got a lot of flak for her anchoring, at least initially...
I think it’s a new direction. In fact, people feel a connect with her. She is not intimidating, is bringing in a casual air. She is breaking the conventional style of hosting and that’s endearing.

No comments:

FILMY KHABAAR