Bigg Boss Season 6

Search This Blog

BIGG BOSS Season 6

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ayub Khan, Bhaiya No 1

Ayub Khan is ecstatic about bagging the Best Bhai award for 'Rakhi' at the Zee Rishton Ka Utsav, writes Shameem Khan

On winning the award
“I nearly fell off my chair when my name was announced as the winner of the Best Bhai-Bahen Award for ‘Rakhi’ (Zee) with co-star Nupur Joshi at the Zee Rishton Ka Utsav Awards. Ram Kapoor (brother, ‘Kasamh Se’, Zee) and Kamya Punjabi (sister, ‘Banoo Mein Teri Dulhan’, Zee) were strong contenders to this category too. Both these shows are very popular while ‘Rakhi’ is just two months old. This award proves that I am on the right path.”

On ‘Rakhi’
“When I was offered the show, may people advised me against it. But in the female-dominated television scenario, getting a meaty role is a boon. I am in complete contrast to my character Bhaiya Raja. I am not as forthright as him. I am diplomatic to the core.”

On co-actor Nupur Joshi
“Nupur is endearing and has a positive outlook towards life. We share a good rapport and that shows on-screen. She’s been very respectful towards me, which makes me realise how long I have been in the industry (laughs).”

On his film career
“Television has given me a great platform to sharpen my skills. But I am not giving up on films. Right now, I am looking forward to my film ‘Daughter’ based on a baby girl’s adoption. It has Vikram Gokhale and Reema Lagoo playing my parents while Padmini Kolhapure plays my wife.”

On wife Niharika Khan
“Niharika has taught me a way of life that I was unaware of. Earlier I was very stubborn but she has opened my mind to a lot of things. She’s a very positive influence on me.
“Niharika and I are both professionals (she is a jewllery deigner). It’s sad, but there are times when I reach home so late that I can barely manage to get my wife or child smile at me from bed. Right now I am going with the flow and hope that I do get some time for my family.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you ayub

FILMY KHABAAR